Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Stage fright?

Today was one important school event. Pi will start her IB next school term and tonight they will make their choices. So we planned the day right and make sure we get there on time.
The busiest time started after I brought Miguel and Sofia to the movies to watch Yogi in 3D. We rushed home at 3 p.m., went straight to the kitchen and started preparing dinner. It was done by 4:30, so I have about half an hour to check Facebook ..rather my emails. Few minutes to freshen up or maybe just powder my nose, spritz some eau de toilette to cover up the kitchen smell and then run to the car.
Yes, we we're in the school vicinity by 5:29 but there's no more parking space and the seminar starts at 5:30! I left the car with Pi and hubby went to look for a parking space. We climb up floors and floors to get to the auditorium. We we're 3 minutes late when we reach the door. Inside, I can see a full house and the speaker started the program for the night. As I grab the door open, every single person sitting including the speaker turn their eyes on me and it felt like in one of those Matrix movies where time froze. I felt goosebumps and as soon as I came back to my consciousness, I step back and close the door. It's just then that I noticed people are queueing behind me trying to get in....

No comments: