Sunday, February 06, 2011

Coke

I don't feel energetic today. Aside from my period, restless night and helper's day off, I just don't feel like moving at all. So I thought it's time to have coke.
Don't get me wrong, I don't drink sodas. I'm not a big fan of it. But ever since coffee have an unusual effect on me, I resorted to drinking coke whenever I feel like I needed a boost of energy.
Since I will be dealing with the whole house on my own, I asked Pi to go get me a coke in the grocery, 2 blocks away from us. But...she refuse to!

Me: Pi, would you be so nice to go buy me a coke in the grocery?

Pi: No

Me: Please Pi, just a can and while you're at it why don't you put money on your octopus card?

Pi: No, i still have a hundred in it.

Me: So, you don't want your travel allowance for this week?

Pi: No, I mean I don't need to put money so I don't need to go to grocery.

Me: I'll pay you 10 dollars?

Pi: No

Me: 20 dollars?

Pi: No

Me: Well, it's not a request now, it's a command. You have to go buy me coke.

Pi: No, I don't want to go to grocery...

Me: Okay, since you don't want to do me a favor...next time you'll ask me to go to Muji, I will refuse to go with you...or do any favor you ask.

Pi: okay

Me: Okay what? You gonna buy me now?

Pi: No

Me: (in an angry tone) Look, I don't feel well and I need the coke to boost me. Okay, if you don't want to buy me a coke, you'll trade places with me and you work around the house!

Pi: (grabbing the money) ...but I don't want to go to grocery ...*moan...*moan...*moan

10 minutes later .... she came back w/ a coke :-)

*****
Okay, let me talk about coffee. Whenever I have coffee, I turn into "Tazmanian Devil" like (according to my husband). I get really hyper, I start to clean like crazy, zoom in and out, here and there, work like there's no tomorrow. And the worst part is, after all this whole day activities that I did, I stay up until the wee hours of the morning coz I can't sleep. I'm fully charged and even if I do fall asleep at around 4 or 5 a.m. it will be a light sleep...a restless one. The withdrawal effect lasts up to 5 days. For the next few days, I will feel extremely tired, sluggish and less energetic. So now you know :-)


No comments: