Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kids, you're grounded!

It's the Wii games fault! Every time M and S play this game together they always end up fighting or in an argument. This two are allowed to have 2 hrs. of either Wii, computer or TV time everyday, but they always chose to play the Wii. They're similar to a couple, they can't play on their own and they can't play peacefully together. And today I've had enough! I tried hard for them to compromise and play nicely but to no avail, they ended up screaming at each other. So I asked them to turn off the game and do other activities. They both started to throw tantrums, the crying become louder and S started to blame M. Next thing you know, M walked away saying " I don't like you" to me and S grabbed my Mother's Day card and started crumpling it. I was so surprised but I kept my calm, removing the Wii parts one by one and collecting the unit. And declaring that the Wii is confiscated as a punishment for their behavior. The crying and tantrums didn't end there, it took half an hour of  making them realize they did wrong and they deserve to be punished. Eventually, both of them got tired and asked for food.
After eating, both of them came to their senses, they tried to win me back (actually win the Wii back). But I'm determined to teach them a lesson. I told them that they will have to be more responsible, they need to change their ways and show me that they can be a good girl and boy. So I gave them an assignment, to list down all the things that they can think of that will make them responsible.
Here is S list:
 - do your homework before plating Wii
 - finish all your food
 - ask your mom and dad to cut your hair always ( she once experimented on her bangs)
 - tell your mom and dad if you play Wii


  -be listening to your mom and dad 
  - don't fight 
  - don't hurt people 
  - don't hurt people's feelings 
  - listening to your teacher
  - do your assembly nicely

 Here is M list:
 - listen

 - don't fight 
 - don't be mean 
 - don't say bad words 
 - don't use computer w/o permission 
 - don't hurt people 
 - don't annoy people 
 - no whingeing
 - no complaining 

 - don't be bad to parents 
 - listen to your teacher 
 - don't be disgusting 
 - be nice 
 - be a good boy or a good girl 
 - entertain yourself w/ a toy 
 - don't talk over people 
 - play nicely 
 - concentrate on what you do 
 - don't go to other websites that you're not allowed to go on computer 
 - play Wii at 3 o' clock only 

We will see if this list will be followed :-)

No comments: