Sunday, January 27, 2008

The calm after the storm

It's been half a year since my last blog. Time stood still in this pages while I weathered the storm with great courage and lots of patience. I didn't really noticed it that long and I never even get the chance to log in during that time. Lots of funny incidents and interesting stories to tell ,but where do I start?

Let me give you a short review of what had happened since then. After the birth, I got busy preparing for the next move. Few months afterwards, we're trying to settle in ... in this strange place. Put the kids into new school, registered with health clinics, try to search for a perfect place to settle in at least for a couple of years. Next thing is finding foods that are available, adapting to new weather and surroundings. Blending in with the crowd, expats and local alike. Building social circles for everybody,from teens to tots. Then came the burden of adjusting to living conditions - pollution, traffic, illness etc. Everyone suffered from culture shock and homesickness. Having troubles communicating and expressing yourself due to language barrier. Life's been full of adventure for the last six months. Stressed out and exhaustion are the most common thing for me. The only consolation I have is that nobody got sick , thank God!

Now it seems that we are slowly settling in. The atmosphere at home is more relaxed.
I, for sure, am beginning to love the calm after the big storm :)

No comments: